As a therapist, I use a talking therapy called Transactional Analysis, also known as TA, because this theory promotes growth and change. As well as being accessible, TA helps those seeking out therapy reach their full potential.
You don’t need to stay trapped in a cycle of stress, anxiety, depression, or relationship problems. Whatever you need help with, contacting an accredited Transactional Analysis therapist is the first step in feeling better.
What is Transactional Analysis?
Eric Berne, the founder of TA theory, firstly wanted it to design a talking therapy that was accessible to everyone. Secondly, he wanted to end the superior attitudes of therapists to their patients. In fact, he started the movement to refer to patients as clients.
His philosophy is based on the following:
- People are OK. Each person has validity, importance, equality of respect
- Positive reinforcement increases feelings of being OK
- All people have a basic lovable core and a desire for positive growth
- Everyone has the capacity to think
- All of the many facets of an individual have a positive value for them in some way
- People decide their destiny, therefore, these decisions can be changed
- All emotional difficulties are curable
Ultimately, I want to help you regain absolute autonomy over your life through Transactional Analysis therapy.
Whatever brings you here to look for answers, I hope that knowing the philosophy I use is based on respect and equality makes seeking change just a little bit safer for you.
If you’re looking for counselling to make changes in your life, contact me for your free initial phone consultation.